Friday, March 18, 2011

Bucket Lists and Idiots

A few days ago:

Me: Should I try to get us a field for baseball practice on Saturday afternoon since our last two got rained out?

Prince: We can't do it Saturday afternoon. I'm pulling a jet.

Me: Huh?

Prince: I'm pulling a jet.

Me: *puzzled look on my face*

Prince: I'm going to be part of a team that pulls a Southwest jet on their inaugural flight into *town we live near* Each county has put together a team and I was asked to be on our county's team.

Me: You're stupid. You are not actually doing that.

Prince: Yes, I am.

Me: No, you're not.

Prince: Why do you think I went and got the cortisone shot and the fluid drained off my knee that already needs surgery?

Me: That's EXACTLY why you shouldn't PULL A JET!!!

Prince: But how many chances do you have to do something like this? I'll get to check something off my bucket list.

Me: You had no idea this was even a bucket list option!

Prince: I'm doing it.

Me: You're stupid.

Heir to the throne: Mommy, you're not supposed to call people stupid.

Me: You can if it's true, son.



First Southwest flight to land *here*


Here comes the 83,000 lb plane!


The "A" Team...otherwise known as the Band of Idiots...getting set to pull the 737.


They won the first round! On to the second...

A local 1-AA College Offensive and Defensive Line getting ready to pull.
Against NCAA regulations? (Kidding....it wasn't!)


Pull #2 for the "A" Team


That's the Prince in the front with the black hat.



Even with my baby as the anchor, they just couldn't beat the young guns.



But a second place trophy isn't too shabby for a bunch of geezers!



And for your viewing pleasure.......



And yes, they almost ran into the crowd and through the fence. I guess once they got the locomotive started, it was just too hard to stop it.

So here we have it....marked off the bucket list. Now I have to go call our insurance company and see if "Stupidity" is a covered diagnosis.






13 comments:

supahmommy- somethin's wrong with that girl said...

It's a hella sexy!
i bet you rewarded him :)

Unknown said...

That is crazy!! Who would ever think of something like that. lol

Sabrina said...

Seriously, girl, your man is a STUD!!

Ed said...

Damnit, woman! Growing old sucks. Let the man let the man live and dream.

Babes Mami said...

I had no idea they would do that for the first flight to *city you live near*, I should have gone to there and watched!

mCat said...

Who knew there was such a thing as this? I thought they only did this kind of stuff on The Biggest Loser.

On the upside, you get Southwest in your neighborhood now!

Cap'n Salty said...

That, to me, is kinda cool actually! I remember being in the Navy and having to push the jets into place on deck of the carrier, that was pretty neat.

Linda Meyers-Gabbard said...

I'm so glad I found your blog. I needed a laugh. Sounds like something my hubby would do. Thank you.

The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

oh my heck, girl. I can't believe you let him do it.

He needs a spankin'

Hee hee.

Myra said...

Daaaaannng. Now that's pretty rockstar.

P.S. Mom in another town, are you alive still? I'm just checking in.

Kerri said...

Hilarious! I found you thru Menopausal Mom...something like that - are you still writing?

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Milady said...

Melanie here! I enjoyed this piece, please email me--I have a question about your blog. MelanieLBowen[at]gmail[dot]com