Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What I Meant to Say - 8th Edition

A few weeks ago, my girls and I went to lunch and a movie...The Lovely Bones. It was the same day the stupid condescending waiter got too close for comfort. 
Anyway, I meant to post about a couple of things I saw made a mental note to blog about while I was there. So here I am today with...


When the father brought his 12 year old daughter to see a movie about child abduction, rape, and murder....
What I said: Nothing. But I punched my friends and pointed it out to them and then we proceeded to talk about what a moron he was and how inappropriate it was on many levels.
What I meant to say: “Ummm...yes, Department of Social Services? I’d like to make a report.”
When the disgustingly annoying woman in front of us came in with her extra humongous  large tub of double buttered popcorn, jumbo Mountain Dew, and Moby Dick sized box of candy and then proceeded to chomp, slurp, chug, gulp, crunch, and smack the whole movie long...
What I said: Again, nothing...I punched my friends and discussed her lack of social graces.
What I meant to say: “Ummm...hello? Richard Simmons? We need an intervention. And do you happen to have the number for Miss Manners?”
And I would have said all that stuff (lie) if they didn’t have that strict “no cell phones” rule in the theater. Cuz I’m all bad like that. (another lie)
Join us tomorrow for THE SKEW
This week’s topic: American Idol
Who’s your early pick? Do you like the addition of Ellen? Will you miss Simon next year? Why doesn’t Ryan Seacrest go ahead and come out of Lance Bass’s closet?
Write your post and then come link up with us here on Thursday.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That totally reminded me - When my parents split up and I went to see my dad for the weekend he took me to the movies. (I was probably 5.) I guess my dad thought he was taking me to a kids movie. He was NOT! In the first couple minutes there were naked people walking across the screen. My dad swooped me up and hightailed it outta there! LOL

Shell said...

I get so annoyed by people in the movie theater. That's why dvds are better for me.

Ed said...

Making fun of weekend dads and lonely fat people! My favorite!

Tina said...

Do tell....DID YOU LOVE THE MOVIE... I think the previews are scary...but I am a weenie.

Sam said...

I gotta know about the movie too. I am too afraid to see it. I might blubber the whole time.
And I so agree with the DSS thing. It would have to be incredibly mature, emotionally detatched child to be at the movie based on the content. Ummm, did you ever consider it was mail order bride and not a 12 year old?

Shrinky said...

Hubby refuses to go to the movies with me anymore, 'cos I generally end up with steam coming out of my ears trying to sit on what I usually end up saying anyway.

I think Ellen rocks, shame we don't get American Idol in the UK, it would be worth tuning in for her alone.

Nice blog!

Oka said...

Yep, I think many parents are desensitizing their children to those awful acts by letting them watch them on TV and movies. No wonder some people could care less when they perform those acts when they are older.

Kmama said...

I totally would also be punching my friends and talking about the people behind their backs. LOL

My parents took me to see 8mm with them many years ago. It was about snuff films. I was probably 19 or 20 at the time. Can you say "uncomfortable"???

BNM said...

LMAO!! I wouldnt have said anything either (to their face) hahahaha

Cassie said...

I hardly ever judge other parents on their parenting styles. (Only amongst all my friends and family when they can't hear me.) LOL

mintifresh said...

It drives me insane when parents bring their children to anything PG-13!! It would've been hard for me to sit there and not grab the 'munchers' extra buttery popcorn and throw it at the dumbass dad(lie)! I admire your self control ;)

Meeko Fabulous said...

Miss Manner? MISS MANNERS?!?! I am appalled . . . Why wouldn't you call upon the super-mega-diva fierce . . . Meeko Fabulous??? ;)

AiringMyLaundry said...

I can't stand when people bring young kids into an adult movie. I see it ALL the time. I saw a little kid come in with his mother during Paranormal Activity. !!!

Lothiriel said...

When I was younger I watched a lot of inappropriate movies for my age. I can see why that would be disturbing for a 12 year old, even if they are more open to the world than we were.

Oh my gosh! I hate loud eaters in the theater!!! See, and we (moms with babies) are the only ones who get the nasty looks!! Noisy eating should NOT be allowed in the theater, either!

Hissyfits & Halos said...

My husband would let the girls watch anything they wanted, if I let him!

I don't like the loud eaters, either. But, what's worse is the man or woman who feels the need to COMMENT OUT LOUD on everything, during the movie! WTF? SHaddup, already. My StepDad does that, and I refuse to go to the theater with him ever ever again.

Kathleen said...

You are seriously too funny! People never seize to amaze. I hate both the irresponsible father and the disgusting pig woman! Good news is karma bites!!!!

Margaret said...

I hate stupid people in the theaters as well!

Sara @ Domestically Challenged said...

Ewww...I hate hearig people eat!

Michelle Pixie said...

People smacking on their food makes me nuts! I probably would have started kicking her seat just to reciprocate. ;)

Stasha said...

I hate going to the movie theater only because of the idiots that usually end up being there too... I hate when the theater is relatively empty and someone walks in and sits directly IN FRONT of me or directly behind me... UMMM HELLO? The whole freaking theater is EMPTY and you have to sit THERE?? I usually end up moving, LOL.